On the Easter Long Weekend, we did our first S24O trip! If you haven’t heard the term before it is an abbreviation for Sub-Twenty-Four-Overnight (translation: a trip under 24-hours, with an overnight stay).
If you like to follow our tracks, check below
Tsawwassen To Salt Spring Island
Find your way down to the BC Ferries Terminal in Tsawwassen. If using Public Transit, the 620 Bus from Bridgeport Skytrain station will get you to the BC Ferries terminal. Note that there is only 2 spaces on the bicycle rack, so leave plenty of time if you are not using a folding bicycle.
- Depart: 12:15 PM Saturday – Vancouver (Tsawwassen)
- Arrive: 1:40 PM Saturday – Salt Spring Island (Long Harbour)
- Tsawwassen to Galiano, Mayne, Pender, Salt Spring and Saturna Islands BC Ferries Route Schedule Info
- Note: the ferry fare prices include a return trip
Salt Spring Island To Tsawwassen
Fulford Harbour is the closest ferry terminal to Ruckle Provincial Park and you can get a transfer to Tsawwassen from Victoria’s Swartz Bay Harbour. Long Harbor is the only ferry harbour that has a schedule from Salt Spring straight through Tsawwassen.
We went by way of the transfer route as we did not want to bike as long as we did on the first day. Note that if you are not returning to Vancouver from a ferry departing from Long Harbour, make sure you take a through-fare voucher ticket from Fulford Harbour showing your departing origin for a discounted ticket for the Victoria to Vancouver ferry sailing.
- Depart: 1:50 PM Sunday Salt Spring Island (Fulford Harbour)
- Arrive: 2:25 PM Sunday Victoria (Swartz Bay)
- Fulford Harbour – Swartz Bay BC Ferries Route Schedule Info
Head up to ticketing to buy a ticket from an agent (not the machines) for onward travel to Vancouver (Tsawwassen) and remember to present your ticket from Fulford Harbour to receive the reduce rate fare at the counter.
- Depart: 3:00 PM Sunday Victoria (Swartz Bay)
- Arrive: 4:35 PM Sunday Vancouver (Tsawwassen)
- Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay BC Ferries Route Schedule Info
If you are taking Public Transit, please remember that it can only accommodate 2 full-size bicycles on each bus. First come, first serve at the bus stop. If you have a folding bicycle, then you don’t have to worry! You’ll make it on the bus (so long as you have a bag cover as to protect other passengers from bicycle grease)!